The CSVN organises on Saturday April 29 and Sunday April 30 its spring activities. For the 51st time a Programmers Tournament will be held (over both days). Next to this there will be the traditional User Tournament for chess computers on Saturday. Before it all starts, the yearly general meeting will be held. On Sunday a computer draughts tournament will be held.
The location for the tournaments will be "Leids Denksportcentrum", Robijnstraat 4, 2332 KE Leiden, the Netherlands, room B.
Timetable (temporary because of the general meeting, will be confirmed a.s.a.p.):
Saturday April 29, 2017
10:30 Room open
10:30-11:15 Arrival and preparation
11:15-11:45 General meeting CSVN
12:00 Opening tournaments
12:00-14:00 1st round programmers tournament
12:30-16:30 Start of users tournament
14:10-16:10 2nd round programmers tournament
16:20-18:20 3d round programmers tournament
12:00-17:00 Users tournament
17:30 Awards ceremony users tournament
Sunday April 30, 2017
08:50 Room open
09:00-09:45 Arrival and preparation programmers and draughts tournament
09:45-11:45 4th round programmers tournament
11:55-13:55 5th round programmers tournament
14:05-16:05 6th round programmers tournament
16:15-18:15 7th round programmers tournament
18:30 Awards ceremony programmers tournament
Rules for participating in the 51st Programmers Tournament
[ This is a translation of the Dutch rules. Whenever there is a perceived discrepancy, the original Dutch rules shall apply. ]
- The programmer, being someone who has programmed at least a substantial part of the program, must register as a participant. Additionally other team members may be enrolled, for example the book author and/or tester.
- Any other programmer from whom a contribution is present in the program must be mentioned in the registration together with the nature of their contribution. The use of such contributions must (obviously) be legitimate.
- The tournament organization shall refuse the participation of programs that in their opinion are too closely related to other programs.
- As part of the registration process the programmer shall subject his program to a similarity test and submit the results. Failing this the entry shall not be accepted. The organization provides instructions on how this test must be executed, as well as example software for UCI and Winboard engines that could be used for this purpose.
- During the tournament the arbiter may request a supervised rerun of part of the similarity test.
- In case the tournament organization has reason to doubt the accuracy of the registration the participating programmer shall give the arbiter during the tournament access to and explanation of the program, as well as the computer system and development system.
- Legal use of endgame databases and opening books is allowed but must be declared during registration.
No entrance fee for members of the CSVN. For non-members there is a €20 entrance fee.
There is a minimum of 8 participants required for the tournament.
Your registration must include the following information:
- Name of the program(*)
- Name of the participating programmer and team members(*)
- Names of all authors of source code of the program and the nature of their contributions(*)
- The origin of any used endgame databases and opening books(*)
- The on-site presence of team members during the tournament. The organization encourages the participating programmer to be present during the tournament
- Correspondence address, email address and phone number of the participating programmer
- The results (moves) of the similarity test(**). These may be submitted up to 24 hours before the start of the first round
- Indication of playing strength
- Type of computer that plays the games (processor, speed, memory, number of cores used(*))
(*) This information will be used in the tournament reporting.
(**) The moves will be treated confidentially. The degree of similarity with other participating programs will be reported. The similarity can be found on the website including manual and supporting software. https://www.csvn.nl/index.php/download/gelijkenistest.
Rules for participating in the 34th Users tournament
- Maximum playing strength up oo 1800 ELO.
See the Dutch rules and in doubt please contact Luuk Hofman.
Rules for participating in the Draughts tournament
Please contact Leo Nagels for more information.