This round has started on Sunday 30 April 2017 9:45. At 9:44 only Embla is not yet present. Hopefully has not overslept. But Folkert walks in just before the start of the round.
Nementon plays an instructive game for starters in chess. It shows that you should not bring your queen too early into the battles on the board. The Baron punishes this and the games goes lost for Nementon. Spartacus against Hiarcs is a rook ending. Human players would draw this probably, but the tablebases are making it almost impossible for Spartacus to win. The promise of Johan de Koning to draw with The King against Komodo unfortunately could not stand. It lost the game.
- The prizes The prizes
- Overview of the playing hall Overview of the playing hall
- Empty tables Empty tables
- Hiarcs - Spartacus Hiarcs - Spartacus
- Nementon - The Baron Nementon - The Baron
- Arminius - Embla Arminius - Embla
- Komodo - The King Komodo - The King
Photos by Jan Krabbenbos